With the next generation of consoles upon us, Techland harnessed the added power to develop a physically based lighting system using its in-house Chrome Engine 6.
This allows them to not only create realistic lighting and shadows in the game world but more importantly make the game world more authentic and immersive.
Coming in 2014, Dying Light is a 4 player co-op action survival game set in an open world, boasting a bone-chilling day & night cycle.
With the muscle of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, Techland is delivering a truly next-gen experience on full display in the trailer below.
This is also the first look at a new location in the game, Old Town, and is completely different from everything that has been shown from Dying Light before.
During the day, players will traverse an expansive urban environment overrun by a vicious outbreak, scavenging the world for supplies and crafting weapons to defend against the growing infected population.
At night, the hunter becomes the hunted, as the infected become aggressive and more dangerous. Most frightening are the predators which only appear after sundown.
Players must use everything in their power to survive until the morning’s first light.
Latest posts by Peter Kelly (see all)
- Advanced Warfare Atlas Edition Includes Season Pass – 31/07/2014
- F1 2014 Still Not On Current Gen Consoles – 31/07/2014
- Deep Silver Aquire Homefront Revolution *Update – 31/07/2014
- Titanfall Reaches The Frontiers Edge On Xbox Live Now – 31/07/2014
- Will EA Drive Digital Content Through EA Access – 30/07/2014